An insurance consultant or risk manager can save your company a considerable amount of time, frustration, and thousands of dollars in premium and claims costs. When it comes to bidding out your insurance renewals, having a strategic game plan is absolutely crucial to garnering the best results possible.
To simply allow two or three agents/brokers to work on getting quotes for you is tantamount to throwing mud against the wall to see what sticks.
Is there a better way to ensure the best possible quotes with the absolute lowest premiums available in the marketplace? Yes, there definitely is!
But if you’re wondering why you should even consider an independent insurance consultant to handle the quoting process on your behalf, these 15 reasons will be a great start.
Why You Should Hire An Insurance Consultant
1. Business is very tough at the moment and you need to reduce your insurance costs. (In almost every case, my insurance consulting services pay for themselves (and then some!) in premium savings, time and effort.)
2. Your insurance premiums are going up. (As an independent insurance consultant, I can help you find the best insurance at the lowest price, without having any ties to any insurers, agents, or commissions.)
3. You’re not sure you have the right insurance coverages.
4. You received multiple bids from several agents and you want to know which quote and which agent is truly the best. (With only your interests in mind, I can help you make the right decision for your risk management program. I have a proprietary “coverage grid” that I feed all quotes through in order to do a proper side-by-side comparison and evaluation.)
5. You’re having trouble getting a claim paid. (I’ve been there before with my clients, and I’ll help you navigate the insurance claims process as well.)
6. You want more than just your brother-in-law (or friend) insurance agent to quote your insurance. (I will provide you with an easy-to-understand coverage grid, helping you sort out the costs, limits, issues and intricacies of every quote you receive. I can handle delicate relationships with discretion and advise your friend (your agent) which will give you the best possible outcome. No, you don’t have to fire your brother-in-law or your friend; I can steer him/her down the right path to ensure you the best results.)
7. You get the feeling your current agent takes you for granted.
8. Your insurance policies are due to renew soon and you don’t have time to deal with it. (As an insurance consultant with many years of expertise in how the “game” works, I can save you time, effort, and—literally—thousands of premium dollars.)
9. Several agents are hounding you to let them quote your insurance. (Bring in an unbiased insurance consultant to sort through the interview process and to accurately assign the right agent(s) with the right insurers. PS: This step is absolutely critical!)
10. You want to be sure your insurance policy covers a claim you are concerned about.
11. You are doing business internationally (or multi-state) and you need to know both if and how your coverage will respond?
12. You want an unbiased opinion regarding your current insurance plan. (An agent’s commission and his/her relationship with certain insurance companies can limit your choices. As your independent insurance consultant, my counsel is unbiased.)
13. Your agent dropped the ball and you don’t know what you should do or who to turn to. (As an independent insurance consultant, I possess the unbiased position to sort through the issues and refer you to a reputable agent familiar with your industry who will get the job done correctly.)
14. You’re an expert at your business but you are not an expert at insurance.
15. You’re considering adding a new coverage to your insurance program. (Is your agent earning a commission on the sale, or do you even really need the coverage at all? As an unbiased insurance consultant, I can help with the analysis and the decision.)