First of all, I am not your competition in the sales process.
I repeat—I am not your competition!
My role in the Competitive Bid Management relationship, as a wholly independent Risk Management Consultant, is to provide unbiased advice and counsel to insurance buyers. We may have a mutual client (the insured), but we are not competing against one another.
Therefore, please note that…
- I do not sell any insurance products from insurance carriers, MGA’s, or any insurance companies, whatsoever.
- I do not solicit or accept commissions, fees, gratuities, gifts, or other remuneration from any insurance agents, brokers, or insurance companies. Moreover, I hold no direct investments in any insurance agencies or insurance companies.
- My loyalty and obligation is solely to my client, the insurance buyer.
- I promise to deal openly and fairly with all agents, brokers, and companies, and I do expect the same courtesy in return.
- The underwriting and application data I provide to you is accurate and up-to-date to the best of my knowledge.
- The insured has hired me to be their offsite Risk Management Consultant. Therefore, please treat me exactly as you would the insured and return ALL my phone calls and emails promptly.
Insurance Bidding (Renewal Quoting)
Your insurance proposals are confidential and will always be delivered and explained to my client, the insured.
I will never reveal or share with any other agents or companies any competitive information you provide me with. I will insist that my client also holds your proposals confidential.
In the bidding process, I do allow an agent(s) to review “current” policies and pricing, including all rates, exclusions, endorsements, etc.
I do not accept unprofessionalism or mediocrity in bids or proposals. I expect your best work up front.
I set proposal deadlines (usually two weeks before the renewal date) in an effort to make the process work better for my client. Any competing agents, brokers, or insurance companies will be expected to submit their proposal(s) to me before the set deadline.
I do not always recommend the lowest price to my client. Any proposal you provide me with will be reviewed on the basis of coverage, price, and services offered by you, your agency, and the carrier directly. My client is under no obligation to purchase insurance on the basis of price alone.
My role is not necessarily to advise my client to change agents/brokers or insurance carriers. In fact, I rarely advise my client to indiscriminately change brokers, unless the incumbent agent is simply not able or capable to provide what we will be requiring of them. I will advise the client to consider the best insurance products available and have them serviced by the most experienced and reputable professionals in the industry.
PLEASE NOTE: I am your insurance contact for my client, the insured. I am hired to help them manage their insurance bidding/quoting, allowing them to focus on other aspects of their business. Any and all communication to the client before and after submitting your final proposal will go through me.
If at any time you have any questions or concerns, you can always contact me directly. Thank you very much!